The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) to serve billions of users worldwide.There is we have Network of informations through out the world.These large information can be available where ever we may be.
There is E mail system for instant sending of Mail,chatt rooms for making friendship with anyone in the world and so.
Nowadays Number of users is increasing in the Internet .So the people should be aware of some basic things when they using Internet facility.There is no age limit in the users of Internet. Everyone can enter in to any site with in his home or even on travelling.Now there is available High speed Internet Cards.It is portable and can be connect to Laptop at anywhere. WiFi is the another advantage of Users made this flexible .With this if it is unsecured Connection anyone can enter into Internet without any Expense.
The number of users also increased the spread of crimes through Internet.
In this context there is emerging the need for the Users that how can it make easy or
Some steps to evade from the Criminals in Internet.
We should give more attention when browsing through internet....
- Never give out identifying information: Home address, school name, or telephone number should not be given to strangers.
- Get to know the services your child uses: If you don't know how to log on, get your child to show you. Find out what types of information it offers and whether there are ways for parents to block out objectionable material.
- Never respond to messages: Bulletin board items that are suggestive, obscene, belligerent, threatening, or make you feel uncomfortable should not evoke any response from you. Encourage your children to tell you if they encounter such messages.
There is we have to be noted these things too
People online may not be who they seem. Because you can't see or even hear the person it would be easy for someone to misrepresent him or herself. Thus, someone indicating that "she" is a "18-year-old girl" could in reality be a 49-year-old man.
Everything you read online may not be true. Any offer that seems to be "too good to be true" probably is. Be very careful about any offers that involve your coming to a meeting or having someone visit your house.
In the case of Children try to do following things
- Set Reasonable Rules and Guidelines
You should lay down guidelines and rules for computer use by your children. Discuss these rules with your child first and then post them near the computer as a reminder.
- Monitor Compliance
Monitor your child’s compliance with these rules, especially when it comes to the amount of time your children spend on the computer. A child's excessive use of online services or bulletin boards, especially late at night, may point to a potential problem just waiting to happen.
- Encourage their Other Interests
Children shouldn't spend too much time online - it's just not healthy for them. Encourage them in their other activities such as outdoor sports.
- Try to Lock Browser Using any utility available
Consider keeping the computer in a family room rather than the child's bedroom. Get to know their "online friends" just as you get to know all of their other friends.